Friday, June 26, 2009

The times they are a changin.

Its been a crazy week this week and I am thankful that it is coming to an end.

Lots has happened this week.

First of all, the kids finished school. The boys did wonderful on their report cards. They improved on almost all of their subjects ( even just from a b to a b + or a b- to a b+). We were very proud. We let them pick out something at walmart to reward them. Aidan picked a bakugon and Liam a pack of hockey cards. They are good boys.

All of the kids are out of school now. Yesterday at one point, there were 15 of them around. Not all of them were with me.. but it was crazy nonetheless.
Today is quieter and the next couple weeks will be even more so.

And as most of you know, I have accepted a new job as receptionist for the Ottawa Valley Midwives here in town. Its 4 days a week, with benefits and in a place where I really want to be. I have accepted the fact that I may not be able to be a midwife myself but I still would like to pursue being a doula once the kids are old enough ( a few more years). We need a steady income with benefits. Glen's business is doing well but he is self employed and we need those benefits for the kids.

Its a big transition. I love being home with my kids and I have great kids who are in my care, that is why this is so hard to move on. The families took it well and are happy for my future but we are both sad that we are losing each other. I lose Waylon and Emma after next week for certain and Emily and Jorian's parents are looking for someone.. it could be anywhere between next week and the week after.

I will keep this updated with the changes and everything. I still have nights and weekends to update the blog. LOL

Hope all is great out there in blog land. Everyone have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congrats on the new job, I hope it works out well, sounds exciting!