Monday, August 11, 2008

Hard getting back on Mondays.

Today was a hard day.

I was away pretty much all weekend and there was so much that needed to get done around the house, but I decieded to take it easy and just play with the kids.

We were supposed to have sports day today, but it was a little half assed ... We did some things, but not to the extent I wanted to have it. My kids were a little cranky so it made it hard for me to make it fun for Emily and Jorian. So we mostly just ran around the front yard having races and playing with toys.

I am hoping this weekend the dry wall can get done. I invited some friends over and hopefully we can put the guys to work. I still have to make it fly with Glen, but I don't think he will have a problem with it.
It would be great to have the basement done so all of the kids can go down there and their rooms can be functional again.
Glen was talking about hiring someone to help, but I think this may be the way to go. 4 guys in the basement getting it all done.

I have been making the boys do some homework pages again to get them back into the routine of school again. Its only 3 weeks away and I want to make sure they are on the ball. Aidan and I have been reading 2-3 books a day and today we started the pages. I am hoping his confidence will be better starting school. He is such a bright little guy with such imagination, I don't like it when he gives up.

Liam has been tempermental. I think I need to get him out with his friends more one on one. Aidan tends to tag along and I think he needs some space.

Helyn is good. She loves to play tea partys a lot and gets me involved. Its great to see her a little girlie. She does still love her cars, trains, busses and other things that move.. but she has a little mommy side which is nice to see.

No comments: